FAQs for UAE Visa
Do I need a visa to visit UAE?
Yes, you will need a visa before entering UAE. However if you are transiting through Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Sharjah International Airports or other emirates in the UAE, then visa is not required if you do not intend to enter the city.
What are the various types of visas?
There are 2 types of visas that DVMS can process for you:
- 96 hrs (4 days) transit visa. (Entry & Exit has to be from Dubai Airport)
- 30 day tourist visa (Can enter / exit through any entry / exit point of UAE)
Which visa is for me?
- The 30 day tourist visa is for individuals / families who wish to visit UAE (Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi etc.) for business, leisure & tourism purposes
- The 96 hours (4 days) transit visa is for individuals / families travelling to their respective destinations via Dubai and would like to enjoy destination Dubai. This visa is only valid for entry/exit point being Dubai International Airport
Am I eligible for a visa?
Click here to know the eligibility for a UAE Visa
Are the visa fees same for infants?
Yes. The visa fees are same for an infant or an adult passenger.
What documents do I need?
Click here to know the eligibility for a UAE Visa
Where do I get the application forms?
Click here to download the UAE application form
How/Where Can I Apply?
Applying for a visa to Dubai can be done through:
Can someone come and collect the visa forms from my residence/ office?
Currently we don’t have a door to door pick up facility for applications.
Do I need to visit the application centres?
The application can be submitted either personally or through your representative.
Is there an interview for visa application?
No there is no interview for visa application
Is the visa single or multiple entry visa?
The visa issued is SINGLE ENTRY visa and not extendable beyond the valid duration of stay as per visa type.
What is the validity of visa?
- Tourist VISA – For Entry - 60 days from date of issue. For Stay – 30 day from date of entry (including date of entry).
- 96 HRS VISA - For Entry - 60 days from date of issue. For Stay – 96 Hrs (Calculated based on Entry / Exit time printed on ticket)
Can I enter or exit from any airport within the U.A.E.?
- Tourist Visa: The entry and exit from any entry / exit point of UAE.
- 96 Hours visa: The entry and exit of the passenger should only be from Dubai airport.
Do you also process work permit/residence visas?
No, we do not process work permit / residence visas.
How much time does it take to obtain a visa?
Visas take usually 72 Hours (3 UAE working days) from the time of submission and for certain cases this may extend by couple of days more depending the UAE Immigration.
How do I know the status of my application?
- Visas usually take 72 hours (3 UAE working days) from the time of submission
- If you are a direct customer, you can contact our call center either by mail / phone to know the status of your application
- In case you are processing the visa through your trusted travel agent, you could get in touch with them to know the status of your application
When should I process my visa if I am travelling after three months?
You can apply for a visa maximum of 2 months prior to your date of travel. Since the visa is valid for 60 days from the date of issue, it would not be possible for us to process it 90 days in advance or else the visa would expire before the date of travel.
How long can I stay in UAE?
- For 96 Hrs Visa, duration of stay is calculated based on the scheduled flight timings of Arrival and Departure into Dubai.
- For Tourist visa, you can stay in UAE for maximum 30 days only.
My visa is lost / stolen. What can I do?
All visas are paper Visas and hence a soft copy of the same is available in your registered email box. In case you lose your visa, you can always download and print the same from your mail box.
I am visiting Dubai for the 1st time and I need assistance.
In case you are visiting Dubai for the 1st time or travelling with kids or aged parents, and do need any assistance on arrival / departure / transiting, we would like to introduce you to our Meet & Greet services.
Can I get Meet & Greet Services at Abu Dhabi/ Sharjah airport?
Meet & Greet (marhaba) services are available at Dubai airport only. Same are not available at any other airport in UAE.
How far in advance do I have to book a Marhaba service?
Book at least 48-hours in advance of flight time and receive immediate confirmation. If you book less than 48-hours of flight arrival/departure to/from Dubai International Airport, booking will be subject to confirmation.
Will my booking be confirmed immediately?
Yes, only if booked at least 48-hours in advance of flight arrival/departure to/from Dubai International Airport.
Can I alter my booking once it has been made? If so, how do I do this?
Yes, alterations will be accepted only if made a minimum of 24 hours in advance of flight arrival/departure to/from Dubai International Airport.
What is OTB?
OTB means OK To Board.
Once visa is approved by immigration, copy of visa is required to be sent to the airline you have booked your UAE flight ticket with. After rechecking your UAE visa, the airline marks your flight PNR as OK to Board. Please note that you cannot board a flight if your PNR is not reflecting OK to Board. We strongly recommend all the passengers travelling to UAE to check their OK to Board status with the respective airline at least 48 hours prior to departure.
This is an airline requirement. Few airlines require PNR to be updated with OTB message. Few airline charge fee for updating OTB on PNR. These charges are in addition to VISA fee. Also, please note, it takes at least 2 working days to update PNR after issuance of VISA.
|OTB Not Required||Jet
(Required from Cochin, Calicut, Trivandrum and Mangalore airports only)
Why is OK to Board so important?
Due to an increase in fake visas to UAE, many Indian passengers were deported back to India in the past. To minimize the fake visa issues, airlines flying to UAE and the sponsors started re-checking the traveller’s UAE visa.